Design of Deep Excavations - Theory, Methods and DeepEX Software Application
8 PDH Credits Available
In this workshop, you will learn the basics on the use of our DeepEX software in the design of deep excavation projects. Starting from theory and simple examples to more advanced excavation case simulations, this seminar is a complete guide for your team members to get familiar with all tools and options that are included in our superior shoring design software, and be able to get the most out of our program!
From Theory to Practice
The seminar focuses both on theory and practice. The attendees will have a chance to learn or refresh their knowledge of different deep excavation design methods and standards used wordwide, and they will have a chance to apply all the methods within advanced software applications. During the workshop, several excavation design types and models will be reviewed and simulated, extending the participant engineers perception and knowledge on how to solve composite problems and provide economic alternative solutions.
WORKSHOP - AGENDA
Seminar Duration: 8 Hours
- Introduction to DeepEX Software
- Theoretical Background - Limit Equilibrium & Beam on Elastoplastic Foundations
- Use of DeepEX Software (Interface, Soils & Stratigraphy, Codes & Standards, Analysis Settings)
- Deep Excavation Design Examples
- Deep Excavation Case Studies
- Examples for braced excavation designs
- DeepEX Additional Modules (3D Models, Building Damage Assessment, Gravity Retaining Walls)
Book your seat in our Deep Excavation Design Workshop. You can register directly using the direct payment (black button).
Please make sure to input all your details required in the processing field below!
Uppon purchase, our team will contact you to arrange the exact seminar date/time.
PDH credits are available uppon request.
For questions and customized options: Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
DeepEX Corporate Training Workshop
Workshop Instructor: Dimitrios Mamoglou, P.E. EU, Senior Engineer Deep Excavation LLC
Dimitrios Mamoglou, P.E. EU is a professional Structural/Geotechnical Engineer, cooperating with Deep Excavation LLC since 2010. Mr Mamoglou has been involved with the company's software products development, production of technical documents and manuals, as well as with the technical support and training of users in the effective use of geotechnical engineering programs.
Mr. Mamoglou holds a Diploma of Engineeging Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. He is a Certified Professional Engineer in EU, and he has been involved in the design of pile foundations, helical pile projects and deep excavations.
Workshop Instructor: Nikolaos Lesgidis, P.E. EU, Lead Software Developer Deep Excavation LLC
Nikolaos Lesgidis, P.E. EU, PhD, M.ASCE is a lead software engineer (computational geotechnics) in Deep Excavation LLC, responsible for the development of the Finite Element Analysis modules of the DeepEX and DeepFND software suites. He is the co-author of over 15 high impact journal and international conference publications in the field of soil structure interaction and computational mechanics.
Dr. Lesgidis holds a Dpl.Ing and a Phd in Civil Engineering from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. He is a Certified Professional Engineer in EU, and has been involved in numerous research projects worldwide.
Some Words from our Workshop Participant Professionals!
- The workshop was very good. I thought it was well presented and I came away with a lot of information.
John Damm | Geotechnical Engineer, Bechtel NS&E
- Overall, I thought it was a great class!. I learned a great deal of info, and I’m sure the powerpoint slides will come in handy as a reference.
Eric Lahita, President Lahita Engineering
- It was a pleasure meeting you in New York, the workshop was a great add-on for me as a user of the software. It has provided validation of used method and has shown new way of using the software.
Alexandre Leblanc,ing. Substructur Expert-conseil, Montreal, Canada
- Since I came back from your Workshop in Plano TX, I have been introducing DeepEX to my colleagues. There is no other software out there that can be compared to DeepEX!
Tajudeen Bakare, Lead Bridge Engineer, CT Consultants