|SOFTWARE VERSION||DEEPEX 2017||DEEPEX 2018||DEEPEX 2019||DEEPEX 2020||DEEPEX 2021||DEEPEX 2022||DEEPEX
|ANALYSIS METHODS||Limit Equilibrium||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|ADDITIONAL MODULES||Cost Estimation||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|3D Frame Analysis||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Building Damage Assessment||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Finite Element Analysis||-||-||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Pile Supported Abutments||-||-||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|MSE - Soil Reinforcements||-||-||-||-||-||-||✓|
|Soil Estimation Statistical Analysis||-||-||-||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Marine Walls - Quay Walls - Wave Pressures||-||-||-||-||✓||✓||✓|
|Integration with Monitoring Data||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Citywide Damage Assessment||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|EARTH PRESSURES METHODS||Active or passive||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Ka x Load Factor||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Between Ka (or Kp) and Ko||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Peck 1969 Apparent||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|NYC DEP Pressures||-||-||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Two-step Rectangular User Split||-||-||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Chicago CTA apparent earth pressure||-||-||-||-||✓||✓||✓|
|Schnabel 1982 Apparent||-||-||-||-||-||✓||✓|
|GENERAL FEATURES||Custom Layers||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Excavation Model Wizard||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Embankment Model Wizard||-||-||-||-||-||-||✓|
|Additional Wall Elements||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Mechanical /Hydraulic Struts||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|SPT/CPT Test Data||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Optimize Structural Section (Walls,Supports)||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Optimize Support Location||-||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Train Loads (AREMA etc)||-||-||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Base Pressures for Base Slabs||-||-||-||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Include Tiedowns for Slabs||-||-||-||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Include Vertical Steel Columns||-||-||-||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Include Pile Rows||-||-||-||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Prestressed Concrete - GFRP Walls & Piles||-||-||-||-||✓||✓||✓|
|Import 3D Buildings from Google Maps||-||-||-||-||✓||✓||✓|
|Tunnels in 3D map / Tunnel Analysis with FEM||-||-||-||-||✓||✓||✓|
|Splays in Frame Module||-||-||-||-||✓||✓||✓|
|Import Topographic Data from Google||-||-||-||-||-||✓||✓|
|3D Flood Embankment Generation||-||-||-||-||-||✓||✓|
|Subway Line & Tunnel Project Lines Wizard||-||-||-||-||-||✓||✓|
|Soil Zones with Changeable Soil Properties||-||-||-||-||-||✓||✓|
|Import City Map from Google & Draw Tunnel Lines||-||-||-||-||-||✓||✓|
|Auto 2D Sections Generation in Regular Intervals||-||-||-||-||-||✓||✓|
|Settlements caused by Soil Loss (Tunnels)||-||-||-||-||-||✓||✓|
|Settlements caused by Consolidation||-||-||-||-||-||✓||✓|
|Embankments with Soil Reinforcements & Stone Columns||-||-||-||-||-||-||✓|
|Dynamic Analysis & Time Histories||-||-||-||-||-||-||✓|
- New Features in DeepEX 2023 (in comparison with previous software versions)
- Text to model features: Write descriptive commands and automatically generate excavation models.
- New Structural Codes:
- Concrete: AREMA-15, Indian IS 456:2000, Canadian CSA A23.2.19, Hong-Kong
- Steel: Indian IS800:2007, Canadian CSA S16-19, Hong-Kong HK 2021
- New Load Combinations: Canadian NR24-28-2018 with and without cranes, Canadian bridge design code S6-19, Proposed EC7 updated with significance factor
- Seismic Analysis Options: Including cohesion effects can reduce the total seismic demand with these two methods:
- RichardsShi solution for soils with both cohesion and friction
- Machairas Iskander solution for soils with both cohesion and friction
- Frame analysis (3D walers):
- Visualization speed improvements.
- Weld and connection generation improvements.
- Options for reducing waler moments by modelling bracing reactions at strut edges.
- Viewing increment option for 3D models.
- Waler extensions to struts, extend walers at connections. Connect struts to waler extensions for complex geometries.
- Digital Twin City Data: Import buildings from DXF and CadMapper, import utility lines from QGIS dxf files. Tools allow you to easily import utility lines for damage assessment.
- City Module & Ground Data: Transportation level analysis based on Google API, MapQuest, and other methods. With this tool you can quickly provide planning level estimates for travel times to new stations, number of people served withing 5, 10, 15 min time intervals and overall subway project benefits.
- Improved global settlement large scale analysis
- Trimming of imported ground surface data
- Importing of ground elevations from dxf files- Improved quick estimation for subway lines and quick subway project cost estimates.
- Soil reinforcements:
- Steel grids and strips, geogrids, geotextiles for slope stabilizations
- Stone columns and adaptive soil improvement. Stone column shear strength calculation from replacement ratios.
- Embankment Wizard with loading, geo-reinforcements, train loading, stone columns, etc.
- Wall Sections: Double H-Beam soldier pile and secant pile walls
- Corrugated sheeting two-flange and four flange, with support for CONTEC and DSI underground sections. Special methods available for circular shafts with corrugated sheeting. Wizard added for quick generation of circular corrugated sheeting excavations.
- Base wall footing option added.
- Slope Stability Analysis:
- Improvements in slice generation for more accurate differentiation for layer intersections, stone columns, soil zones.
- Soil reinforcements such as geogrids, geotextiles, steel strips.
- Finite Element Analysis Upgrades:
- Improved speed and convergence.
- Improved algorithms for load combinations and standardization of loads for EC7 and other combinations.
- Dynamic analysis and time history options.
- Groundwater drawdown analysis.
- Automatic adjustment of properties at stone columns based on area replacement ratio.
- Multivariate Optimization: Improvements for multivariate optimization with wall sizes and other options.
- Reporting: New report templates, more condensed detailed calculation outputs, general report improvements.
- Damage assessment for utilities with cost estimation and disruption level analysis. Estimating the settlements from tunneling and excavations, the program can assess the potential impact on existing utilities, determine service level disruptions, and potential costs. This large data feature allows for the quick study of the impact of large scale tunneling works on existing underground utility infrastructure.
- Gravity Wall Analysis Options: Additional options for selecting support force reactions independent from slope stability analysis. Service reactions, allowable resistance, or ultimate resistances can be selected.
- Soil strength profiles: User specified Su, OCR elevation profiles. Allows for the specification of exact Su strengths and OCR values with elevation for cities such as Boston, etc.
- SOE Wall Analysis: New analysis methods to treat main wall as lagging when circular shafts are considered.
- Tunnel Sections: Corrugated sheeting sections
- MSE Walls – MSE Wizard Options:
- Slope stability improvements, refinements
- AASHTO Coherent and stiffness methods
- MSE automatic reinforcement optimization
- Multiple wall effects
- HoloDeepEX: Building visualization improvements, HoloLens 2 support, Visualization of tunnels and utilities.
- New Features in DeepEX 2022 (in comparison with previous software versions)
- Easy 3D Flood Embankment Generation.
- New 3D World tab (3D Models Generation and Design Options).
- Import elevation data from Google (API key required), Open-Street, Topographic data.
- Cut 2D sections through terrain.
- Evaluate the ground deformations caused by soil losses, consolidation, and dewatering for any tunnel.
- New Option in FEM Analysis - Hoek-Brown Rock model.
- Subway Line & Tunnel Project Lines Wizard with Damage Assessment.
- New Codes: PEN DOT LRFD 9th load combinations.
- New Codes: AASHTO LRFD 9th steel design.
- New Codes: Canadian NR 24-28-2018.
- Draw soil zones with changeable soil properties.
- New Wall Type: Vinyl sheet piles.
- New Earth Pressures: Schnabel Apparent Pressure Diagrams.
- Construction Progress: Connect construction events with dates.
- Water Drawdown.
- FEM Improvements: Convergence improvement, dewatering and water flow analysis through tunnel lining.
- New Module: Integration with monitoring data, Calculate moments and support reactions from developed displacements.
- New Module: Citywide damage assessment: Perform damage and risk assessment due to tunneling and excavation works on an entire city.
- New Features in DeepEX 2021 (in comparison with previous software versions)
- Multi-Core Analysis - Speed up calculations.
- Chicago CTA apparent earth pressure diagram and methods..
- Improved slope stability automatic search procedure.
- New Structural Codes: AASHTO LRFD 9th load combinations, AASHTO LRFD 9th steel design.
- New Structural Codes: BS 6349 Parts 1-2 Load combinations for Marine Structures and Quay Walls
- New Option in FEM Analysis - SSHS model.
- Splays in Frame Module to provide increased open spacing.
- Design of Tunnels with the Finit Element Analysis Module.
- Draw existing tunnels in 3D for visualization in HoloDeepEX in 3D, augmented reality or virtual reality.
- Prestressed Concrete and GFRP Walls & Piles.
- Import 3D Buildings from Google Maps.
- Google Maps Project Placement.
- New Module: Marine Walls - Quay Walls - Wave Pressures & Overtopping
- New Module: Steel Connections.
- New Features in DeepEX 2020 (in comparison with previous software versions)
- New analysis methods for NYCT DEP.
- Timber struts, rakers, and walls.
- Improvements on multiple stepped walls.
- New wizard options for multiple stepped walls.
- Improvements and additions for exporting project plan to DXF.
- View boreholes and geotechnical investigation data in 3D and virtual reality.
- Updated concrete codes: ACI 2019.
- Updated AASHTO LRFD 8th edition.
- Additional FEM capabilities, partial consolidation, speed, mesh generation.
- Model base soil pressures in base slabs, and soil-structure interaction in FEM.
- Tiedowns for base slabs.
- Include pile rows for base slabs (independent from walls).
- Include pile rows for slope stability (independent from walls).
- Type to create a model: Instead of using your voice, you can now type a logical phrase and you can create a model. For example, you can type “create a 30 foot deep excavation with struts” and DeepEX will automatically generate a model for you.
- Google maps project image.
- Scaled picture images for project image.
- New Module: Soil estimation reporting and statistical analysis.
- New Features in DeepEX 2019 (in comparison with previous software versions)
- Model train and train embankment loads directly with AREMA and other methods.
- Multiple walls and multiple stepped walls.
- DXF drawings for plan views, elevation drawings to DXF. From plan view and 3D model, export drawings to DXF. Elevation drawings options.
- Improved all project types and models generated with the Model Wizard.
- Import elevation survey data into 3D Frame Analysis Module.
- Added features to the 3D Frame Analysis: Load rebalancing, automatic generation of struts for complex wall perimeters.
- Improved diagnostic features.
- Improved HoloDeepEX (holographic representation of 3D models created by DeepEX 3D Frame Analysis module). View buildings and adjacent pile foundations in 3D and virtual reality.
- Updated Sheet pile section lists.
- New Module: Finite Element Analysis (to be released in February).
- New Module: Pile Supported Abutments.
- New Features in DeepEX 2018 (in comparison with previous software versions)
- Improved speech recognition commands and interactions.
- DXF drawings for plan views, elevation drawings to DXF.
From plan view and 3D model, export drawings to DXF. Elevation drawings to be added soon in a free upgrade
- Support points for struts in plan-view.
- Provide intermediate supports in the 3D plan view for struts to reduce the unbraced length.
- Reductions in axial loads on walers (3D).
- Reduce the axial force on walers due to static friction.
- Improved report output: Condensed quick input/output summary.
- Improved 3D Frame Analysis module.
- Improved all project types and models generated with the Model Wizard.
- Structural Steel Code Updates: AISC 2016.
- New Wall Types: Secant walls with different reinforcement for main & secondary piles.
- Automatic optimization with depth change for supports.
- DeepEX will vary the support elevation to achieve minimal wall moment, or cost (for 1 support level).
- Distribution load approach on surcharge for 3D loads.
- Soil mix block walls.
- Base resistance for wall embedment safety factor calculations when embedded walls are end bearing.
- Inclined walls from vertical axis.
- CIRIA recommendations.
- Additional options for recent CIRIA C760 publication such as geotechnical axial capacity of walls.
- New water flow analysis options.
- New diagnostic features added.
- New module: Finite Element Analysis.
- New software: HoloDeepEX (holographic representation of 3D models created by DeepEX 3D Frame Analysis module).
- New Features in DeepEX 2017 (in comparison with previous software versions)
- Speech recognition commands and interactions.
User can use speech commands to access quickly partial software dialogs, perform changes on the model (excavation/backfill operations, water elevations etc), as well as, command the software to create a model automatically, describing the excavation depth, support type and number of supports. The model with all staging can be generated in seconds.
- New wall types:
- Timber piles, box sheet piles, composite walls.
- Direct input of SPT and CPT test records and soil property interpretation.
- Expanded basal stability options.
- Expanded slope stability options. New slope stability analysis method added.
- DeepEX 2017 introduces the Ordinary Method (Swedish)
- Structural code and steel member updates.
- Chinese Standards (structural and geotechnical) are implemented.
- New module: Damage assessment for surrounding buildings.
- Fixed analysis engine.
- The linear external loads are now taken into consideration in the conventional analysis.
- Improved model Wizard.
- Improved Report options.