Online Workshop Series
Workshop 1: Design of Deep Excavations - Theory, Methods and Software Application
March 9-10 2021, 10.30 AM to 6 PM EST
16 PDH Credits Available
In this thirteen hours workshop, you will learn the basics of the design of deep excavation projects. Starting from theory and simple examples to more advanced topics the workshop will be covering several common deep excavation design methods and tricks, distilling years of deep excavation design experience. The workshop will build on solid fundamentals, and help engineers minimize uncertainties in deep excavation design.
From Theory to Practice
The seminar focuses both on theory and practice. The attendees will have a chance to learn or refresh their knowledge of different deep excavation design methods and standards used wordwide, and they will have a chance to apply all the methods within advanced software applications. During the workshop, several excavation design types and models will be reviewed and simulated, extending the participant engineers perception and knowledge on how to solve composite problems and provide economic alternative solutions.
Register Now and Learn how to Avoid a One-Million Dollar Mistake!
WORKSHOP - AGENDA
March 9 2021, 10.30 AM to 6 PM EST (6.5 hours)
- Introduction to Deep excavations
- Geotechnical basics for deep excavations & soil property estimation
- Cantilever wall analysis
- Walls with one bracing level
- Limit-equilibrium analysis methods for multiple supports
- Examples for braced excavation designs
- Surcharge options
- Slope stability & basal stability options
- Basic non-linear analysis & examples
March 10 2021, 10.30 AM to 6 PM EST (6.5 hours)
- Advanced non-linear analysis topics & examples
- Advanced options for limit-equilibrium pressures
- LRFD and EC7 combinations
- Modelling ground improvement
- 3D Cofferdams and internal bracing
- Gravity walls & examples
- Building damage assesment
- Design examples & practice
Upcoming Workshop: March 11, 2020
PDH Credits: 8
Learn how to effectively use advanced analysis methods and design complex excavation model cases.
Finite Element Analysis - Tunnels - Marine Walls and more!
Some Words from our Workshop Participant Professionals!
- The workshop was very good. I thought it was well presented and I came away with a lot of information.
John Damm | Geotechnical Engineer, Bechtel NS&E
- Overall, I thought it was a great class!. I learned a great deal of info, and I’m sure the powerpoint slides will come in handy as a reference.
Eric Lahita, President Lahita Engineering
- It was a pleasure meeting you in New York, the workshop was a great add-on for me as a user of the software. It has provided validation of used method and has shown new way of using the software.
Alexandre Leblanc,ing. Substructur Expert-conseil, Montreal, Canada
- Since I came back from your Workshop in Plano TX, I have been introducing DeepEX to my colleagues. There is no other software out there that can be compared to DeepEX!
Tajudeen Bakare, Lead Bridge Engineer, CT Consultants
Workshop Instructor: Dimitrios C. Konstantakos, P.E.
Dimitrios C. Konstantakos, P.E., is the founder and CEO of Deep Excavation LLC, a developer of user-friendly, high-quality, deep excavation calculation and design software. He is also the current chair of the American Society of Civil Engineers’ Earth Retaining Structures Committee.
Mr. Konstantakos holds a master of science degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and a BS degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Massachusetts Lowell. He has been involved in the design of bridge foundations, tunnels, deep excavations, finite element simulations, piers and bulkheads, pile foundations, and field inspections.Mr. Konstantakos has also taught Support of Excavation Systems as an adjunct professor at New York University.
Workshop Secondary Instructor: Dimitrios Mamoglou, P.E. EU
Dimitrios Mamoglou, P.E. EU is a professional Structural/Geotechnical Engineer, cooperating with Deep Excavation LLC since 2010. Mr Mamoglou has been involved with the company's software products development, production of technical documents and manuals, as well as with the technical support and training of users in the effective use of geotechnical engineering programs.
Mr. Mamoglou holds a Diploma of Engineeging Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. He is a Certified Professional Engineer in EU, and he has been involved in the design of pile foundations, helical pile projects and deep excavations.
Book your seat in our Deep Excavation Design Workshop or get a Full Bundle for 2 Workshops (Standard + Advanced) for a special price:
Online Workshop on the Design of Deep Excavations & Soil Nail Walls!
Enhance your deep excavations knowledge and design capabilities.
Theory and Practice
16 PDH Credits Awarded
Early Registration until Jan 25, 2021
+ 2-Day Workshop: Design of Deep Excavations (16 PDH Credits)
+ 1-Day Workshop: Advanced Excavations Design (8 PDH Credits)
Special Discounted Price (Value for $1,800)
Early Registration until Jan 25, 2021