Tunnel Analysis with DeepEX Finite Element Analysis Method
DeepFEM - our own Finite Element Analysis Engine can be used for the staged simulation of any project of shotcrete or mechanized tunneling.
The sections and tunnel segments can be activated and deactivated at any stage. Soil losses and pressure grouting can also be modeled with ease.
With the FEM Module, DeepEX can be used for the analysis of all tunnel types: TBM,SEM and Cut-and-cover!
Image: A Circular Tunnel Adjacent to an Excavation - DeepEX FEM Analysis - Vertical Soil Stresses
Image: A Horse Shoe Shape Tunnel Adjacent to an Excavation Braced with Rakers
Finite Element Analysis Options in DeepEX Software
DeepEX software uses our Finite Element Analysis method engine, DeepFEM. This option was originally released in DeepEX 2019, and since then it has been improved with additional options. The following features are available:
- Elastic and inelastic soil constitutive laws with associative or non-associative Failure Criteria (e.g. Mohr-Coulomb, Drucker-Prager, Soil Hardening).
- Drained and Undrained modelling of clays with excess pore pressures.
- External loads: Prescribed, surface Strip and Linear Surcharges, 3D Loads (Buildings, Footings, Area Loads).
- Automated, high-quality mesh generation with quadratic triangular finite elements.
- Inelastic zero thickness interface elements automatically generated on soil to structural element interfaces.
- Steady state seepage analysis where the user can define boundary conditions, drains and wells.
- Expert decision making on the estimation of the FEM analysis parameters.
- Calculation of Surface Settlements.
- Tiedowns and Slab Columns analysis.
- Deadman Wall Systems.
- Design of Anchored walls and Braced excavations.
- Analysis of Multiple walls.
- NATM,TBM tunnels.