Workshop: Design of Deep Excavations - Theory, Methods and Software Application
TIME AND DATE: DECEMBER 12 & 13 2022, 8.30 AM to 4.30 PM CST
PLACE: Renaissance Hotel, Plano Legacy West, 6007 Legacy Dr. Plano, TX 75024
16 PDH Credits Available
We are launching our long time anticipated and asked by our community - an in person Deep Excavation Workshop in Dallas, Texas! There is nothing like learning the ins and outs of deep excavation by the program's creator, Dimitrios Konstantakos.
We know you missed a real face-to-face interaction and networking with experts and it is an excellent opportunity to schedule your training with a short get-together trip! We are really excited that all engineers are joining us from throughought the country!
In this workshop, you will learn the basics of the design of deep excavation projects. Starting from theory and simple examples to more advanced topics the workshop will be covering several common deep excavation design methods and tricks, distilling years of deep excavation design experience. The workshop will build on solid fundamentals, and help engineers minimize uncertainties in deep excavation design.
From Theory to Practice
The seminar focuses both on theory and practice. The attendees will have a chance to learn or refresh their knowledge of different deep excavation design methods and standards used wordwide, and they will have a chance to apply all the methods within advanced software applications. During the workshop, several excavation design types and models will be reviewed and simulated, extending the participant engineers perception and knowledge on how to solve composite problems and provide economic alternative solutions.
Register Now and Learn how to Avoid a One-Million Dollar Mistake!
WORKSHOP - AGENDA
TIME AND DATE: December 12, 2022, 8.30 AM to 4.30 PM CST
- Introduction to Deep excavations
- Geotechnical basics for deep excavations & soil property estimation
- Cantilever wall analysis
- Walls with one bracing level
- Limit-equilibrium analysis methods for multiple supports
- Examples for braced excavation designs
- Surcharge options
- Slope stability & basal stability options
- Basic non-linear analysis & examples
TIME AND DATE: December 13, 2022, 8.30 AM to 4.30 PM CST
- Advanced non-linear analysis topics & examples
- Advanced options for limit-equilibrium pressures
- LRFD and EC7 combinations
- Modelling ground improvement
- 3D Cofferdams and internal bracing
- Gravity walls & examples
- Building damage assesment
- Design examples & practice
Some Words from our Workshop Participant Professionals!
- The workshop was very good. I thought it was well presented and I came away with a lot of information.
John Damm | Geotechnical Engineer, Bechtel NS&E
- Overall, I thought it was a great class!. I learned a great deal of info, and I’m sure the powerpoint slides will come in handy as a reference.
Eric Lahita, President Lahita Engineering
- It was a pleasure meeting you in New York, the workshop was a great add-on for me as a user of the software. It has provided validation of used method and has shown new way of using the software.
Alexandre Leblanc,ing. Substructur Expert-conseil, Montreal, Canada
- Since I came back from your Workshop in Plano TX, I have been introducing DeepEX to my colleagues. There is no other software out there that can be compared to DeepEX!
Tajudeen Bakare, Lead Bridge Engineer, CT Consultants
Workshop Instructor: Dimitrios C. Konstantakos, P.E.
Dimitrios C. Konstantakos, P.E., is the founder and CEO of Deep Excavation LLC, a developer of user-friendly, high-quality, deep excavation calculation and design software. He is also the current chair of the American Society of Civil Engineers’ Earth Retaining Structures Committee.
Mr. Konstantakos holds a master of science degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and a BS degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Massachusetts Lowell. He has been involved in the design of bridge foundations, tunnels, deep excavations, finite element simulations, piers and bulkheads, pile foundations, and field inspections. Mr. Konstantakos has also taught Support of Excavation Systems as an adjunct professor at New York University.
Book your seat in our Deep Excavation Design Workshop. You can register directly using the direct payment (black button).
Please make sure to input all your details required in the processing field below!
Deep Excavation Workshop
Only: $1250 / Attendee